Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

we have a 1995 suzuki sidekick 1.6 eng,fuel is flooding #3

we have a 1995 suzuki sidekick 1.6 eng,fuel is flooding #3 cyl,we changed the injectors and it is still flooding fuel into #3 cyl, so we unpluged the wireing to the injectors and it is still flooding fuel into #3 cylinder,so we changed #3 injector again and it is still flooding fuel into #3 cyl even with the injector unpluged, I'm stumped, do you have any solutions.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been working on cars for over 10 years.

Does the fuel pressure leak down after the engine is turned off?

Have you checked engine compression on cylinder number 3?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

have not checked if fuel press leaks down when eng off ,compression even at 150 on all cyls.

Ok.. if this cylinder is flooding, then fuel is getting in somehow. We should check the fuel pressure to see if it leaks down ONLY with the key on or both with the key on engine off and key off.

Let me know what you find!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

will try fuel pressure leak down keyon key off and get back to you.

Sounds good!

I am glad I could help! It has been a pleasure working with you.

Please don't forget to rate my answer so I get credit for assisting you today.

The question WILL NOT close. We will still be able to continue this conversation if you have any further questions after you rate my answer.

Please take a moment to get familiar with our new rating system. This is very important and this affects me greatly. There are 5 ratings that are listed below. Please rate my service as number 5 "Great service" or "Excellent service" for providing you timely accurate information specific to your vehicle or use the reply button to continue the conversation.

1) Bad service--------------Does not pay me, and means you had a negative experience

2) Poor service-------------Does not pay me, and means you had a negative experience

3) Ok service----------------Pays me and means you had an "OK" experience

4) Good Service------------Pays me and means you had a positive experience

5) Excellent service--------Pays me and means you had an Excellent experience

Again, if you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply by using the "CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION" button.

Best Regards

Amedee
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thanks

You bet!

Please dont forget to rate my answer.

Best Regards,

Amedee