Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

Hi, I have a 2003 mercury Sable DOHC. I was driving and noticed

Hi, I have a 2003 mercury Sable DOHC. I was driving and noticed a increase in power then I noticed a high rpm in park. started driving again and the ABS light came on A few seconds Later the Battery and Airbag Lights came on, then noticed the Tachometer stopped responding got home shut off the car tried to start again but only heard clicking and would not start.
Hi,how are you? From what you are describing you are having a alternator problem. The alternator failing causes the vehicle to run on just the battery voltage and this doesn't supply the vehicles electronics enough amps to function correctly. The battery and alternator needs to be tested as a first step.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have someone coming to check just that, a little freaked out by all of the sudden lights.