The Audi Doctor
The Audi Doctor, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience, 17 years with Audi, Factory trained
9204914

i got a 1990 audi 80 the radio stereo unit been taken out out

i got a 1990 audi 80 the radio stereo unit been taken out out of it and wires cut there is 7 wires and i would like to know were they go i got macrom mcd3540r unit i want to put in the unit got 4 speaker wires

Thank You for choosing Just Answer and Pearl.com for your query. Yes, I can help you.

You can use the battery power, ignition power, ground, and front speaker wiring, but I think you will need to wire the rear speakers separately. The go to the subwoofer and then to the rear speakers. I do not think the signal from the new radio will work with the stock rear speaker set up. If you go to the following link you can by an adapter to hook it up with the stock set up. For any questions there technical support is very good as they have A LOT of experiance switching to the aftermarket radios. If the link does not work, go to crutchfield.com and then under car audio go to "find what fits my car".

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Car/outfitmycar/car.aspx

Here are the wiring diagrams

graphic

graphic

graphic

I hope I have answered your questions and addressed your concerns. Should you have further questions on this matter, please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Positive feedback, referrals and bonuses are always APPRECIATED. Please rate my answer as OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT. With a lower rating I will not be compensated. Please contact me with your concerns if you cannot rate my answer OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT.

Thank You!
Jake “The Audi Doctor”
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

color of cut wires are 2w 1br 1bl-w 1bl-g 1r-br 1br-g were do they go please specify

I found another diagram under "Antenna". This should help clear things up.
graphic

2w - two white - 12v out, go to the antenna amplifiers

1br - one brown
= A solid brown is the chassis ground. It used to just clip to the old radio on it's own tab on the back of the case. It is a ground

1bl-w - one Black/White, thin front speaker positive?

1bl-g - one Black/green, thin front speaker negative?

1r-br - one Red/Brown -

1br-g- one brown/gray
- Alarm? I do not think it is used in the US

This is the best I can come up with without further feedback from you.

Do you have power and ground wires figured out, and does the radio power up? Do any speakers work, if so which ones? This is where you need to start if you have not yet done so. The by process of illimination you can figure out the rest. Also for the speakers a dry cell battery (C cell or D cell) works great.

Other possibilities to explore;

It Has the Black/White (+ L/F), and Black/Green (- L/F) wire going to the left front speaker. If you hook a D or C cell battery to the two wires, the speaker will "pop". If you hook the + wire to the + on the battery, and - to negative, the speaker will "pop" once outward if you can see the cone. If you hook up the wires out of phase it will "pop" inward.

The schematic shows the same color wires for the R/F speaker and is likely a typo error. You will notice however that these are the same size wires as the L/F wires which are smaller than the other wires in the harness. So the other two smaller gauge wires should go to the R/F speaker. You can test for "phase" with the battery as above"

Let's start with that hook it all up and let me know what does and does not work. Check your wiring colors carefully (use a magnifine glass if necessary) and tell me the colors, and size (thin/medium/thick). Please write it out so there is no mistake with your abreviations

In the diagram
BK = Black
BL = Blue
G = Green
R = Red
GR = Gray
Y = Yellow

Thanks Jake

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

everything works thanks jake

Sweet!

Let me know if you have any other questions. I you are happy with my answers, please "ACCEPT" one of them at this time.

And please rate my answer as OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT. With a lower rating I will not be compensated. Please contact me with your concerns if you cannot rate my answer OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT.

Thank You!
Jake