Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I changed every thing I could think of, computer,fuel pump,

Customer Question

I changed every thing I could think of, computer,fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel filter relay, camshaft senor and mi 01 miata will not start
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is Greg and i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

Are you still in need of assistance .

Next move is check the fuel pressure ,
Check that you are getting spark to the spark plugs .

Then get back to me with what you find .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

one mechanic initially did check the fuel pressure by disconnecting a line (i hope it was the right one) and said there was no pressure. Also there is not spark to the plugs according to another mechanic. The computer I got it from ebay it was a used one but they said it was functional. all the other parts were brand new. I forgot to mention I did change the two coils from ebay also. The mechanic said that there is primary current goint to the coils but there is not spark. He checked the compression in only the first cylinder, and it read over 160, can it be possible that the time belt may still be damaged? How I miss my car, it never gave me problems over the years. the mileage is 85,000 miles.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi

What i suggest you do first just to confirm a few points is spray start helper down the throttle body when trying to start the engine then let me know if the engine tried to start
or not .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did that several times, sorry I did not mentioned it. but remember I mentioned that there is no fire on spark plugs .

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Ok have you checked for codes , this is your best move next .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The scanner read that there are no codes, did that also from the beginning.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

I will have to opt out and let another expert better help you .

Greg
Expert:  Auto Go replied 2 years ago.
Hello, new expert.

After you try to start the car, observe the security light. Is it on steady or flashing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got as far as I can go at this time. What happens if the security light is steady, or flashing? please tell me. I am away from my car, can not get to it in a day or two. but please tell me what are my alternatives with the flashing or steady light. I do not even remember watching such light, but it must exist, I have seen it in other autos. Thanks for now Mr. Greg, and the other expert on bottom.

Expert:  Auto Go replied 2 years ago.
Greg has opted out and you are now working with me.

If the Security light is on or flashing when you try to start the car, this means that it thinks you are using the wrong key and it's not going to let you start it.

First thing to do is if you have another key, try it. Sometimes the transponders in the keys go bad. If you don't have another key, then you are out of luck as Mazda will be the only ones that can program a new key and you will have to have 2 keys to program the system so you will have to at least buy one more provided the one you have is good, which it might not be in which case you will have to buy 2 keys. I DO NOT recommend you buy aftermarket transponder keys. They are problematic.

Of course it could also be the sensor that reads the transponders in the keys.

We really need to scan the computer for trouble codes. This will point us in the right direction. If you can do this, that would be very helpful.