Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

i own a 99 plymouth grand voyager it has 94000k.for some reason

Customer Question

i own a 99 plymouth grand voyager it has 94000k.for some reason the cluster stop working all the needles stop and the digitals went out.got that working but the power door locks and interior lights dont work unless i turn the ignition switch also whenever i start the minivan the digital mile meeter has the same miles. need help thank u!
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the only common denominator of these separate circuits is the Body Control Module. It is starting to fail. As it fails more, you will see more electrical accessories start failing or acting up.

You will need to replace the BCM. It is attached to the back of the fuse panel underneath driver's side of dash

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable
  2. Remove lower steering column cover and knee blocker reinforcement.
  3. Disconnect two wire connectors from bottom of Body Control Module (BCM)
  4. Remove bolts holding Junction Block to dash panel mounting bracket
  5. Remove Junction Block from mounting bracket.
  6. Remove screws holding Body Control Module to Junction Block.
  7. Slide Body Control Module downward to disengage guide studs on Junction Block from channels on BCM mounting bracket.graphic
  8. Remove Body Control Module from Junction Block.

INSTALLATION

For installation, reverse the above procedures.

this is a fairly common failure on this vehicle.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

7. Slide Body Control Module downward to disengage guide studs on Junction Block from channels on BCM mounting bracket.
    graphic
    View Full Image

INSTALLATION

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i replaced the bcm with another one from a junkyard but it did the same thing and the miles on the dash were really high

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

unfortunately a used one will not work as is. The BCM has to be programmed with your VIN code and your vehicle's mileage. this can only be done with a factory level scan tool

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and expert is not paid for their time, knowledge or services until you do so.