UltratechOne
UltratechOne, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  General Automotive technician for 39 years. ASE certified. Shop Owner and MBA.
68623524

merc 300 e 3. lt: my name is carlos l have a 91 mercedes

my name is carlos
l have a 91 mercedes 300 e, 1) when l start car in park nothing doing,then l shift to neutral and starts, when the car is warm sometimes stars in park

2)when l start air conditioning the fan doesnt work

can you help me with those two items?

thanks

UltratechOne :

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i

The first problem sounds like the neutral safety switch need to be adjusted or replaced. Most likely fix here is replacement. The second problem will need more information to diagnose but it sounds like. It could be a power problem or the motor itself is bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

carlos

how can l adjust the neutral safety , and where ist?

the power problem , you mean , could be a fuse , a loose wire . could you be more instructive? l am not a mechanic but l use to have a body shop so lm a mechanic inclined

thanks carlos

Ok on the neutral safety switch it is located on the transmission itself and usually is mounted with two bolts into the case of the tranny and the switch may have elongated holes for adjustment. You can try changing the position and see if that helps. If not you will need to change out the switch.

On the blower motor you will need to locate the motor itself and use a testlight to check for voltage when it is supposed to be running. If you do have voltage but the motor doesn't run then you have a bad motor. If you have no voltage you'll have to trace back to see where yore losing it the most likely spot being a bad fuse.

Please let me know what you find out! :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is carlos about the 91 mercedes , came back from vacation and not done yet with the problem , the neutral safety switch, if l get underneat the car looking at the trani, would it be right underneat , or to the side?

on the blower motor , where exactly is located and does it has something attach to it that might go bad first before the motor does? with this info should complete my question. thanks

usually it will be on the side of the transmission. one side or the other. as for the blower motor it is located under the dash, normally on the right (passenger) side of the car. there sometimes is a blower resister pack for different motor speeds, but if you check for voltage as i indicated earlier that will tell you if the motor itself is bad or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is carlos, 91 mercedes, l had a friend help me to replace the blower motor and he did , it works but stays on at full speed cant turn it off

and wont change speeds after the answer l will rate inmediatly,

l fill that the last one , finally answer my original question , the exact location of the parts to be replace.

l wont forget to high mark , and rate you

carlos

hello carlos. now it sounds as if you have a voltage supply problem. most likely in the switch and this is probably what caused your other motor to burn pout in the first place!