The Audi Doctor
The Audi Doctor, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience, 17 years with Audi, Factory trained
9204914

How to remove the caliper lock bolt from a 1991 isuzu rodeo

Customer Question

How to remove the caliper lock bolt from a 1991 isuzu rodeo 4wd
Category: Car
Expert:  The Audi Doctor replied 4 years ago.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer and Pearl.com for your query. Yes, I can help you.

Isn’t it a 17mm hex? I think you may be taking off the wrong fastner. Which bolt are you trying to remove? Can you send me a picture?

I hope I have answered your questions and addressed your concerns. Should you have further questions on this matter, please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Positive feedback, referrals and bonuses are always APPRECIATED. Please rate my answer as OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT. With a lower rating I will not be compensated. Please contact me with your concerns if you cannot rate my answer OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT.

Thank You!
Jake “The Auto Doctor”
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your time. Apparently, the previous owner had replaced one of the front calipers with a non-factory replacement. The top caliper bolt had a cap on it with a little hole where the top bolt would be. The bottom bolt was normal. I looked at the other caliper for reference, and it was as expected. Therefore, I believe that the previous owner must have replaced replaced the factory caliper with something else. I have my answer.

OK Thanks

Jake