internal88
internal88, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working with automotive industry for almost 20 years. I also have an engineering background. Saving one car at a time.

have problem with check engine light code was checked found

Customer Question

have problem with check engine light code was checked found fault but need to know what part is needed code numbers are p1495 please need to know what it is what i need
Category: Car
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

internal88 :

Hello and welcome

internal88 :

P1495 - The code means Leak Detection Pump Solenoid Circuit
An open or shorted condition detected in the Leak Detection Pump (LDP) solenoid circuit.

internal88 :

I would like you to check the gas cap first to make sure it is seal up.

internal88 :

The leak detection pump is located on the driver's side near the bumper.

internal88 :

I will show you a picture.

internal88 :

It is not a difficult job very easy to locate this part.

Customer :

ok

internal88 :

The main purpose of the LDP is to pressurize the fuel system for leak checking. It closes the EVAP system vent to atmospheric pressure so the system can be pressurized for leak testing.

internal88 :

Click on the link

internal88 :

My advice: Inspect all the wiring and tubes make sure there is no leaks or cracks.

Customer :

so if i change gas cap for new one code not show up

internal88 :

Clean it up the LDP install it back on. If the check engine light remains. Then change a new one.

internal88 :

No - I just want you to check if the gas cap is tight or not.

internal88 :

The main problem is the LDP leak detection pump.

Customer :

do you think you can tell me were to start

Customer :

what is ldp

internal88 :

Leak dectection pump.

internal88 :

Here is the instruction:

internal88 :

1. Check the gas cap for tightness.

internal88 :

2. Locate the LDP (leak detection pump) . I already show you that in the picture.

internal88 :

3. Inspect the harness and connector connected to the LDP.

internal88 :

4. Make sure they are OK.

Customer :

did not get picture

internal88 :

5. remove the LDP and clean it out.

internal88 :

Did you click on the link above?

internal88 :

Click here

internal88 :

If the check engine light remains. You will need to buy a new LDP and replace it.

internal88 :

The LDP is located in the left quarter panel behind the left/rear wheel. It is attached to a two-piece support bracket. The LDP and LDP filter are replaced (serviced) as one unit.

internal88 :

Let me know if this help you out.

Customer :

will check what you ask me to do will call you with result and keep in touch thank you

internal88 :

You could come back to this room and update me.

internal88 :

Follow my instruction and you will be OK.

internal88 :

you are welcome

Customer :

if you think of anything else e mail me thanks

internal88 :

99% this is the problem.

internal88 :

I will send you a detailed instruction on how to remove it .

internal88 :

Remove stone shield behind left/rear wheel. Drill out plastic rivets for removal.
Remove 3 LDP mounting bolts.
Remove support bracket brace bolt.
Loosen, but do not remove 2 support bracket nuts at frame rail.
To separate and lower front section of two-piece support bracket, remove 3 attaching bolts on bottom of support bracket. While lowering support bracket, disconnect LDP wiring clip.
Disconnect electrical connector at LDP.
Carefully remove vapor/vacuum lines at LDP.
Remove LDP.

internal88 :

Here you go.

internal88 :

Like I mentioned before make sure the connector is Ok and all the hoses are not pinched.

internal88 :

Please don't forget to rate me, thank you.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have also and expodation ford 5.4 X XXXXX XX and also dnt pass the emission test these are the codes p0174 p0743 p0136 p0156 p1131 p1151 p0171

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
This a new question with a different vehicle. You will need to post this question to the question list. Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do i have to pay for this questions

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Yes - the website will treat it as a separate question.
Please rate me for the previous question , thank you. You can still continue to follow up with me after you rate me.