Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

Did Chrysler offer or make a 413 hemi for marine or truck

Did Chrysler offer or make a 413 hemi for marine or truck applications?

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

-

There was a 413 wedge but never a 413 hemi, there were several hemis over the years including the 392 and 426 but those are the closest in size to the 413.

-

Where did you see or hear there was a 413 hemi?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A friend claims he has one out of a dump truck sent up here from Louisiana and is possibly going to install it in a car. I have never heard of such a thing but if he is sitting on an engine that he claims is a 413 hemi, I'm not going to say "no" until I am confident of my information.

I am a Mopar fanatic and I am quite knowlegeable in the hemis and rare engines. I am sure there was never a factory made 413 hemi, even for trucks, marine or generator applications. I hear these kinds of stories all the time. It is likely just a 413 wedge. Ask him what the valve covers look like and if the spark plugs go through the center of the valve covers.

I will not be on much longer tonight, but will check in the morning to see if you have responded.

-

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF
you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I
expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE
CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue
further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.