Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

Did Chrysler offer or make a 413 hemi for marine or truck

Did Chrysler offer or make a 413 hemi for marine or truck applications?

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

There was a 413 wedge but never a 413 hemi, there were several hemis over the years including the 392 and 426 but those are the closest in size to the 413.

Where did you see or hear there was a 413 hemi?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A friend claims he has one out of a dump truck sent up here from Louisiana and is possibly going to install it in a car. I have never heard of such a thing but if he is sitting on an engine that he claims is a 413 hemi, I'm not going to say "no" until I am confident of my information.

I am a Mopar fanatic and I am quite knowlegeable in the hemis and rare engines. I am sure there was never a factory made 413 hemi, even for trucks, marine or generator applications. I hear these kinds of stories all the time. It is likely just a 413 wedge. Ask him what the valve covers look like and if the spark plugs go through the center of the valve covers.

I will not be on much longer tonight, but will check in the morning to see if you have responded.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF
you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I
expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE
CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue
further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.