Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Chev 1 ton diesel: I have a 1994 Chev 6.0l Diesel that is hard

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Chev 6.0l Diesel that is hard to start and only runs for 2 to 3 minutes and shuts off. I had all the fillter changed and the fuel pump. What would cause the motor to shut off like this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
this engine is a 6.5 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is a 6.5

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
when the motor shuts off how do you get it to start back up ? and the liftpump/fuel pump under the truck and the fuel filter where changed to correct this problem ? or this problem ahppened after those 2 where changed ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

BY bleading the fuel line. After three or four times of starting it, only to run for two to three minutes it wont start at all now.

All the fuel filters, pump and liftpump were changed.

After doing all of the above the same thing still happens, the engine will not run for more than a few minutes, or wont start at all.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
and the big injection pump was changed also ? since it will not start now if you loosen a fuel injector line at any fuel injector and crank it will fuel squirt out of that line ?