Scott W.
Scott W., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience in automotive repair
26022388

When applying brakes, when vehicle is almost at a stop, it

When applying brakes, when vehicle is almost at a stop, it sounds like something is grinding, brake pads and disks are new. When applying gas it continues to make noise until a certain speed is reached.

Steve W :

Hello my name isXXXXX

Customer:

Hello

Steve W :

Can you hear the noise inside or outside the car?

Customer:

both

Steve W :

Is it real loud? deafening?

Customer:

It is not real loud in the car, actually haven't stood outside to hear if it is real loud outside the car. It was doing it before I replaced the brakes and disks (rooters (sp)) after replacing them maybe 3 weeks ago it just started again yesterday.

Steve W :

Ok, noises can be hard to find, even harder over the internet, I would suggest buying a stethoscope at local parts store, then jack up front end on jack stands and run the driveline, then go over the front suspension and transmission and see if the noise can be pinpointed using the stethoscope.

Steve W :

The noise will be easy to find with this tool.

Customer:

I am pretty sure it is loud enough to hear without using a stethoscope, seriously

Steve W :

You are missing my point, a noise can be extremely loud and won't be able to tell for sure the origin, using this tool you will know for sure where it is coming from.

Customer:

So I need to take it in because from our discussion you can not determine what the problem is

Steve W :

No, you can repair this, you just need to pinpoint where the noise is coming from, the stethoscope will do this.

Steve W :

I know it sounds crazy since your noise is so loud, but once you use one of these it will be like wow that was easy.

Customer:

Thank you very much for your time

Steve W :

You just place the scope along the drivetrain and suspension until you find it.

Steve W :

Thank you