headhog99
headhog99, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am highly motivated to provide my customers with the best quality service i can give
71693168

I have a 2003 7.3l, the mfr under the dash is actuation constantly

Customer Question

I have a 2003 7.3l, the mfr under the dash is actuation constantly once I turn the key to heat the glow plugs. I've ohmed out all of the glow plugs and they look . about 1.5ohm. replaced the celiniod that puts battery power to the glow plugs, beacause I rang it out and it ws obviously bad. any sugestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  headhog99 replied 4 years ago.

headhog99 :

what is the truck doing

Customer :

Ha Ha currently sitting in my drive way. I tried to by pass the old. burnt out glow plug celiniod. didn't work. after that, I replaced it. once I replaced it the MFR under the dash started freaking out. I didn't think it was a bad relay but I bought a new one just in case. since then I've been trouble shooting back and trying to single out a specific component. I can't find a decent wiring schematic for this system anywhere

Customer :

The first problem was cold mornings. it took awhile to start. pretty sure it wasn't getting any power to the glow plugs. If I wouldn't have bi-passed the relay off of the battery It would probably be fine right now

headhog99 :

ok do you have power to the relay they are known for burning the fusible near the battery

Customer :

Ya I believe it was about 11.8DCv

headhog99 :

do you have power to the relay they are known for burning the fusible link where it attaches to the battery

Customer :

its just actuating like its on a hertz cycle of about 10htz a second...

Customer :

maybe like 3 to 5 htz a sec

headhog99 :

do you have an email i can send you a wiring diagram to

Customer :

ya [email protected]

headhog99 :

that didnt work all i got was x's

Customer :

[email protected]

Customer :

this one work/

headhog99 :

no you might have to break it up

Customer :

raghorn 84 @ yahoo . com

Customer :

but no spaces

Customer :

or my user name at yahoo.com

headhog99 :

is that a better diagram does that give you what you need

Customer :

Its not bad for a single line diagram but I need to find everything from powers supplies to states of relays/contacts... I know the problem is coming from the ignition side of things,I'm just not sure whats in between

headhog99 :

i just sent you another diagram try this one

Customer :

havn't recived it yet

Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Walter