Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.

I have a 1971 Mustang Mach I w/ 127000 miles, 351 4V, automatic,

I have a 1971 Mustang Mach I w/ 127000 miles, 351 4V, automatic, second owner, interior completely redone recently (almost new, black), it was repainted in 1990's factory color (peuter), some minor fading on trunk and a couple of clear coat issues by door handles, all numbers match, almost rust free, even though it is a driver, it looks like a show car from 10' away, engine compartment area is original and it has some oil leakage, engine area would be next to address even though it looks good for original. no modifications to car (including rims), would be a great candidate for a show car restoration. I am located in Denver, CO but could market to Phoneix or Las Vegas if $ return was justified.

I don't see your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was looking for market value

I like to use Nada, KBB doesn't go back as far.

Here is the start page for the 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2 Door Fastback ,

I used the 80201 zip code.

Here are the results.

If you have a 4 speed, ac, ram air or bucket seats it is worth more.

Mike S., Mechanic
Experience: 25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
answer was based on readily available nada info. I was looking for a more indepth appraisel from someone who dealt with classic car appraisels
Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

How bad are the clear coat issues and fading? You also said it is almost rust free, if it does have some rust, where is it and how bad. Other than the clear coat and fading, was the paint a high quality job? Is it really strait?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the response. How can I send some photos?

You can attach photos to your reply using the paperclip at the top of the text box.