Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  25 years working as a service technician
43460220

My 95 Isuzu

My 95 Isuzu Trooper is choking out when I accelerate. It isn't dieing out just kind of hiccuping. Then once it gets up to speed it smooths out.

Steve :

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Steve :

If it is hiccuping then you have a engine misfire. When is the last time you had a major tune up?

Customer:

I haven't had a major tune-up in at least 3years

Steve :

The n that is what I would start with find a reputable shop and have your engine tuned up this, will resolve the concern.

Steve :

Hi are you still there?

Customer:

I can't really afford a major tune up, right now I would just like to find out what might be wrong with it so I can give auto shops an idea of whats wrong before I go in.

Steve :

More than likely what is wrong is you have a bad spark plug or bad plug wire. What I would do is check for codes and see which cylinder is missfirng and replace the spark plug and the plug wire in that cylinder.

Steve :

Let me now if you have any other questions ans if I can help you out further.

Steve :

I see you rated me poor service do you want your money back?

Steve :

If you do let me know. It would be better to just tell me you do not want to pay than rate me poor service. You do not get your money back by rating poor service you need to ask for a refund. I can start the process for you.