Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I cant turn the key in my RR L322 All electric functions

Customer Question

I can't turn the key in my RR L322
All electric functions seems to function so as lock unlock doord, vindows,finding my seat settings and i can use the windows, wheel movement , but NO STARTING
Category: Car
Expert:  AMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Car question, My name is XXX XXX I will be assisting you today.

When you try to turn the key to the on position, do you hear any clicks or any sound? Or complete silence?

Did you try to jump start the vehicle? it could be just a dead battery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I hear the steeringwheel lock unlock. it is absolute not a dead battery.

all electric motors like seats, windows and so on is function fast and normal

Expert:  AMD replied 1 year ago.
I understand, please try to jump start the vehicle so we can rule this factor out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is a rangerover. you cannot move the gearselector from park, uou cannot turn the key in the lock, you cannot jumpstart the car in this state.

it is a engineimobiliziaon

Expert:  AMD replied 1 year ago.
OK let me just go over this again, Your problem is that the key does not turn in the ignition? if that's the case then do you have a spare key? If not try to put the key into the ignition then pull it out just a hair bit then try to turn it. Let me know if this works.

Sorry if I misunderstood the question, I thought your key turned on but the vehicle didn't start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will go to the car ( about 1 hour ) and try a spare key. Then I come back.

All the tricks about turning,fiddling pull a little in and out is tryed out.

This is not a mecanic thing in the lock. It might have something to do with an emergency key access code wich i dont have.

How do I optain that for my car ?

Expert:  AMD replied 1 year ago.
The emergency key access code will not lock the key cylinder in your vehicle, Try the spare key, also try to turn the steering wheel back and forth while trying to turn the key.

If a spare key doesn't work then I would suspect a problem with the ignition lock itself.

let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sparekey same thing

steering wheel lock not the reason.

engine immobilisation IS preventing the key from turning.

You are obvisionally NOT familiar with the RangeRover system.

I suggest You release my deposit back to mee, because I dont feel that you are to any help.

I amnot angry at you, and i appresiate your effords, and i am sure your ideas could be helpfull to most cars, but NOT the RR

Best regards

Ole

Expert:  AMD replied 1 year ago.
OK I will forward you to customer service.