tripletauto
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience
15993919

I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler and I do not have any heat. Replaced

I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler and I do not have any heat. Replaced thermostat (195) and flushed out heater core. Still no heat. Just barely warm.

Hello.

When engine is warm feel each heater hose and see if they are both hot or if one is hotter than the other. Let me know and we will go from there.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The upper heater hose is hot , but the lower is luke warm., not hot. After flushing the core. They both seemed to be about the same. I will run the engine at lunch time and check them out to be sure and let you know.

If only one hose is getting hot this indicates the heater core is clogged. It does not take much to block the flow. Check again to be sure. If it is one hose hotter than other you need to back flush the core with water. This meaning the hose that is only getting warm put water to that side and run a good bit thru it. This should clear out if it doesn't core will need to be replaced. Let me know what you find.