Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

suzuki verona: 2004 suzuki verona 2.5 . wont stay running

Customer Question

2004 suzuki verona 2.5 . wont stay running or idle when cold
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer!

My name is AMEDEE and I have been working on cars for over 10 years.

Is the check engine light on? Are there any codes in the computer?

Does the engine run good above idle and just stall at idle or does it stall at all engine rpm's?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ck enginelite is on. runs well above idle speed.when normal engine temp. is reachedit will idle but rpms. low. codes arep0101--p1511---p1513 await yr answer orv penney

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
orville,

It sounds to me like you have one of a few thing going on.

First, the P0101 code is for the mass air flow sensor performance. This alone could be a few things. This could be an air or a vacuum leak affecting the mass air flow sensor numbers, this could be a wiring issue going to the mass air flow sensor or this could just be a bad mass air flow sensor.

The other codes I believe are for the throttle body. You should have an electronic throttle body on this engine and it could simply be going bad causing your idle issue.

It is possible that you have an air or a vacuum leak causing both your codes and your idle issue. So I would recommend to check for any air or vacuum leaks first.

If nothing is found, I would replace the mass air flow sensor and throttle body

I hope this helps!
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
orville,

It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance.

Let me know!

Amedee
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Orville,

It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you still needed more help.

Let me know!

Amedee