Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Suzuki 4x: how do I siphon gas out of from my Suz 4x into a

how do I siphon gas out of from my Suz 4x into a gas container? I need to give some of my fuel to my son's car [on empty due to gas stations closed from hurricane sandy]. But we have no idea how to do this or what equipment to buy. please advise.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been working on cars for over 10 years.

You are not going to be able to siphon fuel from the tank because of the check valve or rollover ball in the filler neck or the part of the fuel tank where the filler neck attachés to. Even if you are able to get it in so far to access the fuel in the tank, this is not very safe to do.

I would recommend to disconnect the fuel line either at the fuel rail under the hood or someone underneath the vehicle. Then attach a rubber hose to that end coming from the fuel tank and put the other end of the hose into your container. Then just crank the engine over and the PCM will activate the fuel pump and it will begin to pump fuel out the rubber hose you have hooked up and into your tank. If you give me your vin, I will try and locate your fuel filter so you can disconnect it there. If you do not have a fuel filter under the vehicle, then I would gain access to the fuel lines under the hood that attach to the fuel rail.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for confirming that I guessed this car had a sophisticated fuel set up so no one could siphon from the fuel port---I am glad to know this fact and your caution not to try it due to the apparent danger. I am glad you provided the correct way to get gas out however...but we will not attempt this. no need to give my vin # XXXXX you at this point. I am satisfied with your advice.

You bet!

I am glad I could help! It has been a pleasure working with you.

Please don't forget to rate my answer so I get credit for assisting you today.

The question WILL NOT close. We will still be able to continue this conversation if you have any further questions after you rate my answer.

Please take a moment to get familiar with our new rating system. This is very important and this affects me greatly. There are 5 ratings that are listed below. Please rate my service as number 5 "Great service" or "Excellent service" for providing you timely accurate information specific to your vehicle or use the reply button to continue the conversation.

1) Bad service--------------Does not pay me, and means you had a negative experience

2) Poor service-------------Does not pay me, and means you had a negative experience

3) Ok service----------------Pays me and means you had an "OK" experience

4) Good Service------------Pays me and means you had a positive experience

5) Excellent service--------Pays me and means you had an Excellent experience

Again, if you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply by using the "CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION" button.

Best Regards