tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience

suzuki sidekick: i have a 1995 suzuki sidekick. my son burnt

Customer Question

i have a 1995 suzuki sidekick. my son burnt the security chip under the steering wheel. now it wont start. what to do? please help

Category: Car
Expert:  tripletauto replied 3 years ago.

what chip are you referring too? is this a prolock that a inch or so long chip fits in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its a security chip that comes with the car when i bought it. car wont start without it. but now that the chip was burnt, i dont know what to do. been google'ing online for it but there seems to be no good answer.

this was a dealer installed item. It involved splicing the starter wire from the ignition switch. What needs to be done is this taken off. This will require connecting factory wiring back together. If you look under dash you will see the wiring.