Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

sidekick jlx sport: i have a 97 suzuki sidekick sport 1.8L

Customer Question

i have a 97 suzuki sidekick sport 1.8L ive replaced the altanator and the battery but it keeps draining my battery ive hade the altanator checked and the battery and there all good but i checked the voltage wail the car is running and its 12v so im not getting power from my altanator what is wrong y is it not getting power from my altanator ??????
Category: Car
Expert:  CarQuestionGuy replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is Steve and I'll do my best to answer your question.

What is the voltage with the engine off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. The first thing you need to do is have the battery charged. It would even be a good idea to have it load tested. There is a good chance that it is either bad or it has been drained because the alternator isn't working.

The first step is to charge it and have it load tested. Most auto parts stores will do this for free.

Let me know what you find and we will go from there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just had my altanator tested and my battery tested they r bolth good but yet it sill is not charging the battery and when i unplug the battery the car dies all the wires look fine no cuts or cracks

Did they "load test" them? Some batteries test good until you put them under a load.

Even if the battery is good it still needs to be charged. Sometimes when the voltage gets low it will cause the alternator to not work.

What was the original problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my altanator is not getting power to my battery my battery is good so is my altanator

OK. I'll let another expert try to help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok im done with this website thanks for nothing bye

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello - and Welcome to justanswer..

Im sorry to see you have had problems thus far-

My name is MIKE - - Im more than happy to help you if you wish to progress... Please let me know -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.........................