porscheguru, Technician
Experience:  Highline automotive technician

unable to start the car from parking position. complete shutdown of th

unable to start the car from parking position. complete shutdown of the electrical system except for a red flashing light.
Do you have another key? The immobilizer transponder in the remote could be causing your intermittent problem. I would carry another key with me and when this happens, try the other remote if you have not done this already. It is very common for remotes to get dropped and become electronically compromised. May I ask what is the flashing red light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

While I was waiting for your answer, I used the jumper cable and was able to start the car. the blinking light was the security system indicator according to the manual and it was on without my turing it on. It did disapear when I turned ignition key and it came on when I removed the key.
Hope this indicate something. thanks

Do you have another remote/key that you can use to eliminate the key being faulty?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, I do have another remote/key.

Does the same condition happen with the other remote?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I haven't used the other remote since it's the spare. so, you still think it's the remote acting up and not the battery?

If the battery in the remote goes dead, it will not lose it's memory but if the remote has a defect electronically this condition will happen. It is common.

Try the other remote and use the bad one as the spare until you can get it replaced.

Do you have any more questions or concerns that I can answer for you?

I hope I have provided you with assistance that you can rate good or higher and I thank you for allowing me to provide you with this service.

Please ask for me in the future and I will promptly assist you with whatever your needs will require.