Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Plymouth Voyager: 1998 plymouth voyager, was driving and the

1998 plymouth voyager, was driving and the van died. Tried to start, turnes over but wont start. Where do I start to look for the problem?

Ok, the first thing would be to check for fuel, spark and compression.

Spray some starting fluid into the throttle body and try to start it. If it starts and runs for a few seconds, then you have compression and spark and no fuel. Check for proper fuel pressure - 43 to 53psi. If under that, replace the fuel pump.

If it wont start off starting fluid, then I would go ahead and pull the top timing cover enough to see if timing belt broke.

If timing belt is ok, then you will need to check for spark and if missing, then coil pack or dist. cap for spark(depends on which engine is in it) and go from there.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hey Eric, I took the ditributer cap off and when the van is turning over the rotor doesn't turn. Does this mean the timing belt has broke?

yes, that does mean that the timing belt broke on it.