Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Opel Kadett E: Fit a 4A-GZE engine on 1988 Opel Kadett

can i fit a 4A-GZE engine on 1988 Opel Kadett E Hatchback

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear XXXXX-mod,

i will wait for your answer

Thanks a lot

Hello

the 4AG will typically fit most 4 cylinder engine bays as its pretty small

also I know of one Opel Kadett that had the Vauxhall 2.0 red-top twin cam fitted and thats a very tall / bulky engine so the smaller Toyota unit should pose no issues

things to consider are:

how are you going to fuel it? - most 4AG's are fuel injected so to keep it cheap you'll also need the ECU, wiring loom and fuel pump etc from the donor car
Which transmission:
you can either make an adaptor plate to convert your current transmission and then re-drill the 4 AG flywheel to suit the Opel clutch - or just use the Toyota transmission and custom driveshafts to convert between your uprights and the transmission

Exhaust?
I'd use the 4 AG manifold and down pipe and make a pipe to then join to the Opel exhaust
Matt, Engineer
Experience: Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thnx for the feedback,

when i will do the fitting i will get an engine with its transmission and the ECU with wiring loom...

Hello

don't forget to get the engine / gearbox mounts and the driveshafts as well
Matt, Engineer