Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

i have a 1994 S-10XXXXXextended cab truck. clutch

i have a 1994 S-10XXXXXextended cab truck. clutch does not work. when i push in the clutch does not shift into gear. I replaced the slave cylinder, still will not shift. I tried to bump the pedal 7 or 8 times, and still will not shift. I also got all the air out of the system. took the plate covering the fly wheel off, did not see anything wrong. I left the plate off and put the slave cylinder back on, got the clutch to work but had to push pedal all the way to the floor, and when i let the clutch out only moved maybe 1/4 inch and truck would move.
hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the slave the only part you have replaced?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes that is all I have replaced

and you have bled it until there is no bubbles present and the fluid runs clear?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

then you have a bad clutch master cylinder, the master cylinder when bad, will bypass internally and not build up enough pressure to extend the slave cylinder, if there are no leaks and no air in the system, then replace the clutch master cylinder,Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry i did not back to you sooner. Put in new master cylinder, bleed until there is no bubbles. Still do not have a clutch, will not shift gears. pedal goes to the floor real, real easily.

OK, WHEN YOU PUSH IN THE CLUTCH, does the clutch fork move at the trans? how far does it move?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I took off the slave cylinder, pulled the rod all the way out and pushed it back in, I had the line end up to push any air bubbles back up to the master cylinder. I HAVE SOME CLUTCH NOW, BUT STILL FEELS A LITTLE WEAK. shifts into all gears but going into R it kind of grinds a little.

ok, did you say it is better with the new master? But still is n ot perfect?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it is better but is not perfect.

then there is probably a little air left in the system, try pumping the clutch about 20 times, then let it sit for about 20 minutes, then repeat this for a few times, and see if you get a full pedal,Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry Tim got the flu, tried your answer and the clutch works great. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. I THINK YOU DID A GREAT JOB IN HELPING ME WITH THIS PROBLEM. I WOULD TELL ANYBODY TO ASK YOU ANY QUESTIONS THEY HAVE. THANKS JAMES

Great, glad i could help, hope i can help you in the future,Tim