autotech911
autotech911, Technician
Experience:  Over 33 years experience. Have held Master ASE certification in the past and others as well.I am semi-retired
70936738

altima: i own a 95 nissan altima, and it just shaking and hesitating

i own a 95 nissan altima, and it just shaking and hesitating when i came to a stop on an exit ramp. It has gotten worse and i dont think i could even get it to a mechanic if i had to.
Hello, I will try to assist you with this issue if I can. Has the Altima been tuned up recently? If not I would reccomend a major tuneup to start. At the least plugs,plug wires,distributor cap and rotor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what should a major tuneup cost? And do you have any recommendations for greenville sc?

I can give you an approximate estimate what a shop would charge for parts and labor if that is what you are requesting. As far as recommendations for Greenville,do you mean repair shops?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou, and yes that is correct.

OK, I will return soon with an estimate.As far as shops in Greenville, I can't help with that as I am in Fla.Your best bet is to ask friends,family or coworkers who they would use.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks,

I would expect you will spend around $250.00 give or take for parts and labor at a shop.This would not include diagnosis in most cases. You also could get the parts yourself for less than $100.00 if you wanted to tackle the job. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your positive feedback. I hope you get the Altima running smooth again without to much expense. If I can assist you more don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again Bill