vauxdoc, GM Europe master tech
Experience:  25 years GM factory trained ATA UK registered

abs dash lamp staying on also speedo does not work. holden

abs dash lamp staying on also speedo does not work. holden astra 1.8 auto 11/99 diagnosis abs censor ????? this lamp /speedo action is intermittent thank you.
Welcome to Just Answer, The speedo on the Astra gets its vehicle speed from the ABS control unit so if the left hand front sensor is faulty then this will put the ABS warning light on and the speedo will also stop working.

Check the reluctor ring (castellated) on the end of the drive shaft for damage/mud/rust as this is where the sensor reads from and to be sure consult the test results for the exact sensor which is failing.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you ,i will try your suggestion asap & will be in touch if needed.

OK, keep me posted.
Hi, how did you get on with my advice ? I see that you haven't rated it yet .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

At this stage vehicle has not been looked at, on 17th booked in so I am hoping that your advice will work as I have been disappointed with work to date & is costly to pay for diagnosis that represents no results. I will let you know in due course

Thank you.