Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

isuzu trooper: 94 trooper auto V6 DOHC, hard to start when

Customer Question

94 trooper auto V6 DOHC, hard to start when the engine is cold after it starts the idle is sparratic and will die when it's put in gear, also will die if you tap the accelerater when it it's park or neutral. Any advice?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok this is a few common issues has the coolant temperature sensor ever been changed or the throttle body and throttle plate cleaned?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just purchased this vehicle so any previous repairs I don't know about.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok this is what needs to be done then.Have the coolant temperature sensor checked and you can clean the throttle plate and throttle body yourself just disconnect the battery and clean them with carburetor cleaner and an old tooth brush and reconnect the battery.The other common issues are cracked intake gaskets and if you spray carburetor cleaner while its running around the throttle body and the idle smooths out thats the issue.These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.