Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

THE CAR DRIVES AND THE TRANNY SHIFTS FINE, AND THERE ARE NO

THE CAR DRIVES AND THE TRANNY SHIFTS FINE, AND THERE ARE NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS ON. HOWEVER WHEN YOU LET OF THE GAS TO SLOW DOWN IT MAKES A CLUNKING SOUND
Ok then you need to bring it back to who put the engine in the vehicle.Whats happening when you let off the throttle the engine and transmission move and the noise you are hearing is they left a motor or engine mount loose or its damaged.This is not a major issue and they will fix it for free the shop that installed the motor.These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they put brand new motor mounts on as well. it just makes that slowly down in that one gear. accelaration and shiftning is fine. the noise just occurs when slowly down in that one gear.

OK then they left the bolt loose in one of the transmission mounts.Is it a one time clunk or numerous clunking noises?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes just a one time clunk everytime in the same gear when you slow down

Ok thats the issue either a loose bolt on the transmission mount or its positioned wrong.The shop that did they engine will fix it for free.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok we have replaced all motor mounts and all the bolts are fine. what do you suggest next? it only shifts hard and makes the clunking sound when coming out of overdrive into drive

Ok then the issue has to be internal in the transmission have they checked that yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no they do not really do that. if they know what might need to be replaced they can do it but they cannot really diagnois it. i guess i will have to take it to somebody else. i just thought this might be a common problem on these cars and you might know what it was. thanks

No this will need to be diagnosed correctly hopefully when they installed the engine all the torque converter bolts are tight .Have the transmission checked next .Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.