Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

1998 Rav-4 manual Transmission light comes on. Cannot shif

1998 Rav-4 manual Transmission light comes on. Cannot shift
How many miles on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Car shifted OK until on the highway the transmission light came on. Tried to stop and noticed that the car would not shift out of 5th gear.The car has to be towed.

OK the problem is internal in the transmission the internal syncros and shift forks have failed and locked up the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced to fix this issue.These are the next steps.But make sure they check the linkage first.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your answer.

Anytime.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks!Bonuses greatly appreciated.