Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chev seirra: I have a 95 or 6 1500 chev. no brakes, no leaks

I have a 95 or 6 1500 chev. no brakes, no leaks found underneath, and fluid level stays up, I believe that was in the first years of abs, is there a common problem? it hasn't been driven to any extent for years, how to tell if master cylinder or electronic? or both!

tims auto repair :

hi...do you still need help?

Customer:

Okay for now, other stuff to do, may change over from drums to disc on back when time allows should be straight forward I think, any obvious problems you can see? I think its closer to "93" 94, not my truck just trying to get it going for a friend. will take disc brakes off 2000 GM Seirra, put on 93-94? silverado, Can you tell from that if there will be anything that won't fit? seals? etc, Don't remember much more than the four bolts and brake line connection to undo.

Customer:

Correction, 2002 GM

tims auto repair :

are you going to replace the complete rear?

tims auto repair :

or,,the brkes only

tims auto repair :

i dont think the 02 brake system will work on the 90's model

tims auto repair :

though,you could replace the complete rear

Customer:

Was thinking brakes only, with all the messing around with complete rear maybe just check the drums, pads first see if they will last the winter or not? Can drum brake pads even be gotten now if needed? don't know what shape the drums are in either, its been sitting quite a while. If change complete rear. drive shaft, connection, lenght universal is okay? both 1500s

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

yes..you can still get shoes

tims auto repair :

for around $15+/-

tims auto repair :

yes...the drive shaft will work

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate,,.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer:

No problem, I realize you have to basically guess at so things with bad info, and as I said I'm not even sure of the year of the truck.