Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

izuzu trooper: my 002 izuzu trooper got hot, now wont start??

my 002 izuzu trooper got hot, now wont start?? help??
How slow does it crank?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

fast enough to start if there wasn't something else wrong ! It acts like the starter is dragging a little...before it got hot it fired up and ran fine.

Ok how hot did it get and is the spark strong and blue?Possibly damaged the crank sensor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know the color of spark, it tries to fire when cranking, but when it got hot we stopped and let it cool off, now it just wont start

Ok just to be sure timing belt was changed and timing is good?When this overheated these get so hot they actual damage and short out the crank sensor and this will cause weak or no spark causing your issue.I have even seen these get so hot they melt engine harnesses .I would check these next.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do i test the crank sensor ?

The right side of the engine.

For the crank sensor:

Unplug the sensor and check for ground on the black/light blue wire.

Turn the key on and check for 5v on the other two wires.

Plug the sensor back in and backprobe on the violet/white wire and see if the voltage drops. If it does replace the sensor.

To see if the sensor works set up the meter to backprobe on the gray/black wire. Again turn the engine by hand and the voltage should toggle from 0 to 5v back and forth. If not replace the sensor.

Wire colors will be different.This diagram will also help.

graphic

These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.

Did you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I do still need help.i changed the sensor and there was no change.any suggestions would be great as I need this running
No problem is the engine light on also?