How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask The Audi Doctor Your Own Question
The Audi Doctor
The Audi Doctor, Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 2428
Experience:  Over 30 years experience, 17 years with Audi, Factory trained
Type Your Car Question Here...
The Audi Doctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Rover 214 Hatchback: Rover 214 Hatchback petrol 1997. Speedometer

This answer was rated:

Rover 214 Hatchback petrol 1997. Speedometer stuck all the way around due to be caught in storm, Cant find replacement in Malta. Do I need to replace the whole consul ie water gage, revs, speed and petrol unit, if so where is the best place to try. It has a also a security locking in this consul.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer and for your query. Yes, I can help you.

Look no further. Contact BBA Reman. They would be your best option to test and repair your instrument cluster. Typically when they repair an instrument consul it will not effect any Immobilizer function.

They provide the highest quality, reliable and economical service in both the UK and the US.

I hope I have answered your questions and addressed your concerns. Should you have further questions on this matter, please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Positive feedback, referrals and bonuses are always APPRECIATED. Please rate my answer as OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT. With a lower rating I will not be compensated. Please contact me with your concerns if you cannot rate my answer OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT.

Thank You!
Jake “The Auto Doctor”
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does this mean that I have to send the consul to Uk. Can I not buy a new consul and have it fitted in Malta, the car runs perfectly ok and I am not sure I can do without it for a long period of time.

You could contact them and they could tell them if they could do an exchange, but if the vehicle is equipped with Immobilizer (security locking) they may not be able to adapt it.

I suggest you contact them directly and I am sure they will be able to advise you of all your options and associated costs, and give you a definitive answer to any questions you may have.

Thank You!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you give me the right title of the part I need is it called just a consul or should I look for some other details.

It is typically call the instrument cluster assembly. I suggest you phone them and they will be able to get it properly sorted.

Thanks Jake
The Audi Doctor and 13 other Car Specialists are ready to help you

Related Car Questions