Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

isuzu trooper: my brake light fuse burns out when i apply brake

my brake light fuse burns out when i apply brake pedal
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.I may need more info in some cases to help with answering your question.

Does this vehicle have an after market trailer wiring attached or has any wiring been checked?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

O.k.,your stop lamp fuse powers your brake switch,if the fuse is blowing once the brake pedal is applied then the fault is in the wiring from the brake switch to one of the rear brake lights.

What needs to be done from here is to check the wiring over at the rear brake lights and to where it runs to the switch to see if any damage is found in the wiring.Once the damage is found then it needs repaired to correct this fault here.

Most common is usually in the rear of the vehicle near the lights themselves.

Let me know if you need anything else here.Please rate my help,3 to 5 stars is appreciated as well as positive feedback,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

would the upper brake light cause the fuse to brake if it was not working.

Usually not unless the light socket or wiring to the light that is out is faulty.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,