Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

RA-JM

Customer Question

Zafira 1.6 08 plate
Doors would not open after stopped car. Only open driver door using key from outside. None of other doors open from inside or out. Somehow after pulling door handles fiddling etc tw doors open but then same thing happen again straightaway
Fuse checked key phob checked
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Most common is a faulty drivers door lock actuator was this checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Less technical term pleaae
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
At the driver door attached to the latch is an actuator and when activated gives the signals to the other doors top open and when these short out it will cause your issue .This is what needs to be checked next.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How so we check this? Can we do this or do we need a mechanic? And what would be the cause?
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Its a pretty involved procedure you need to remove the door panel then the door latch and then you can test the actuator.Honestly I would have a mechanic fix this issue.It fails electronically they short out.If you want to try this repair yourself let me know.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Money I am issue though so may have to try ourselves. Do you know what the cost would be using a mechanic?
Or if we were to attempt it is it a case of fixing or replacing?
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
If this is dine at a shop about 400 parts and labor and it needs to be replaced not fixed.Thats parts and labor.If you do the repair its about 250 for the part and your labor.These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Did you still need assistance?