Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications in Engine Repair, Manual Drivetrain and Axles, Suspension and Steering, and Heating and A/C.

97 caravan 3.3. there is a water outlet just above water pump

97 caravan 3.3. there is a water outlet just above water pump that is rotted away. may be able to access it by removing ac compressor. can thi s small outlet be removed and replaced. if so how
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a Certified Auto Technician with 25+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. I don't know your automotive experience level, so I may have to ask questions of you before I can answer. I only know as much about your concern as you have stated in your post, so please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible.

Is this water outlet above the water pump and just below the thermostat housing?
I need to know exactly which water outlet you are referring to....If you can take a pic and post it here, it would help greatly, let me know if you can do that....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes about 1 inch long just above w pump behind ac compressor not up close to t stat sticks straight up right abovr w pump

Hello Don,I am fairly certain that outlet comes as part of the timing cover assembly. Not available separately. It is pressed into the timing cover. It is very possible that if you extract the piece out, you can tap the hole with pipe threads and install a universal outlet that is threaded in to your existing timing cover. You should be able to purchase everything needed to perform this repair at your local Napa parts store.Of course the AC compressor will need to be removed... If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help until your concern is resolved. Thank you!Robert