Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

How can I get top dollar selling my car ? Who do I sell it

How can I get top dollar selling my car ? Who do I sell it to?

Genchi Genbutsu :

Hi

Genchi Genbutsu :

Thank you for using Just Answer for your needs.

Genchi Genbutsu :

How much work are you personally wanting to put into this? Do you want a 3rd party to do most of the work and show the car?

Customer:

I can show the car

Genchi Genbutsu :

Ok. Are you wanting to get top dollar? Or will you want a quick sale at reduced profit?(like in your military and need to sell right now)

Customer:

Mainly who can afford to buy it? I recieved a car due to a death in the family . The xb has only 81,000

Customer:

Top dollar ! No big hurry.

Genchi Genbutsu :

I personally own 2 Xbox's(2004 and 2005). They are great cars.

Genchi Genbutsu :

Your best best would be a service like these...

Customer:

top dollar no big hurry

Genchi Genbutsu :

http://www.autotrader.com/

Genchi Genbutsu :

or

Genchi Genbutsu :

http://www.cars.com/

Genchi Genbutsu :

They will list your car till it sells and you can add all the photos you want.

Genchi Genbutsu :

This way many buyers can see you Xb anytime day or night and can contact you via Email.

Genchi Genbutsu :

There is also Ebay but the $$ cost to you is a bit higher.

Genchi Genbutsu :

CarMax ( http://www.carmax.com/ ) will give you an offer good for 3 days and will write you a check on the spot.

Customer:

Thank you . It is a great car but I now have a 2003 Monte Carlo and a 1995 Caprice Classic with 50,000 kept in garage and all oil changes and other services done to it from new for the entire time of it's life . The caprice is not thr greatest on gas but it is pristine and I was told (though I have not checked yet ) that it only fetches $500 in Kelley Blue Book. Of course it is worth much more !

Genchi Genbutsu :

I see.

Customer:

We have 3 cars and must get rid of one as the driveway is too full ! The best resale is my Scion . My husband is unable to drive it as it is manual and he can only drive automatic. This is why I am willing to part with my Scion , also the comfort level in the Caprice is much better (he gets too hot if he is in the back seat of the xb even though the a/c works well )

Genchi Genbutsu :

Do these sound like good options to you? Trust me, they're way better than a newspaper as.

Customer:

Do you think it is a good idea to sell my Scion ? Out of the three it seems the only choice under the circumstances .I usually only go to work 10 miles there and 10 back or less 4 days per week.The xb has been well maintained with oil changes new wheels 6 months ago etc.

Genchi Genbutsu :

To me, yes, it seems like the best option. Also in these tough times with high gas prices, it should sell fairly quickly.

Customer:

Yes they sound like good options . My biggest worry is I do not want to accept payments as I am not a bank . How likely is it that anyone can afford my car?

Genchi Genbutsu :

They would go to their own Bank and arrange their own financing. That is what we did with our 3 Scion vehicle the Xa. We financed it through a Credit Union for 3 years at 2.9% interest. Payments were $197/ month.

Genchi Genbutsu :

They would then give you the Bank Check and you give them the title. This can all be done at the Bank.

Customer:

thank you !

Genchi Genbutsu :

My pleasure, Genchi