Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

plymouth acclaim: I have a 93 plymouth acclaim. auto transmission

I have a 93 plymouth acclaim. auto transmission stop pulling, never slipped or showed any sign of problem before. is there anything that might cause this that I can check before pulling trans.
Does it move in either direction?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, I have both front wheel off the ground right now and sometimes when engine is running the wheels will spin either way but very weak, at idle I can stop them with my foot.

Ok the fact that reverse is not working means there is something broke inside reverse is more of a mechanical issue so the trans would need to come apart to determine the cause so you might as well take it out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can this be caused by torque converter and if so how would I check it once I have it out. to clarify doesn't spin in forward either.If it helps with your response, I'm a decent mech. just never worked inside of an auto trans.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Sorry I was having computer/internet issues and could not get back on line. No this would not be caused by a torque converter issue they rarely fail and cause this but you can hav e it tested but that needs to be done by a trans shop there is special equimpment to do that testing.