porscheguru
porscheguru, Technician
Experience:  Highline automotive technician
71042349

Fiat 500 Sport: I have a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport. When I drive

I have a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport. When I drive at night I get headlight flashes all the time. The headlights appear to adjusted too high and blind the oncoming traffic. On low beams you don't see infront of the car you see at a distance. On high beams you see the tops of trees. The dealer says because they are projector head lights, there is no adjustment on them. Any suggestions?

porscheguru :

Your dealer is incorrect. All headlights have adjustment. Initial adjustment. Yes BiXenon headlamps have an automatic headlamp beam adjustment system and use sensors on the axles to automatically keep the headlights at the optimal asjustment BUT they NEED the initial adjustment. Most well equipped dealers have invested in a headlight beam adjustment tool. If your dealer is stating that, then go to another dealer. Your car is under warranty and if you have not had any outside influence (accident) to cause this mis adjustment, then this is a warranty matter and you should not be charged for this. If you feel like you can handle this yourself, please view the following website url for instructions on how to "stop getting flashed" I hope this helps!

http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/8-fiat-500-general-discussion-forum/5960-stop-getting-flashed-night-easy-headlight-adjustment.html

I enjoyed helping you on your last visit with me on JustAnswer and would love to help you with any other concerns you might have.