Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

Isuzu 350i lx V6: hi, i have a isuzu 350i lx V6, and my powersteering

Customer Question

hi, i have a isuzu 350i lx V6, and my powersteering gives problems, when the engine is running 1000 rpm and higher it is easy to turn the steering wheel, but when the engine is warm and the rev's is at 750 rpm the steering wheel is hard to turn, please help, some friend of mine said the pump is busy going.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 years ago.
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Hi there!
Very first thing to check is the belt tension. If the belt is a little loose and slipping then it will do it most at idle. The belt will slip and the pump won't work.
If tightening the belt doesn't help, then I agree the pump is going out and will need to be replaced.
One thing to check as well is the ball joints. If one is binding up it can give the pump trouble at idle. Disconnect the tie rod ends and make sure you can turn the tire back and forth with little effort.
Hope this helps!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 years ago.
Please explain why you rated me as poor?
I gave you tests to try to determine the cause of the problem and everything?