Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

suzuki xl7 grand vatiara: This suv is driving me nuts!!!! Suzuki

Customer Question

This suv is driving me nuts!!!!
Suzuki xl7 2.7 this suv idles very poor and will not excell without missfiring and stalling it acts like loss of fuel but the spec is rite 38 to 44 it is 42 psi with scaner hook up it dont look good numbers are way off
Category: Car
Expert:  proautotech replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

Is the pressure 42 at idle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes and 34 KOEO

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
HE'S NOT ON LINE!
Sorry for the delay I had to get some food.

DId you replace the fuel pressure regulator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO BUT THERE IS NO FUEL IN THE VACUME LINE AND IF U PINCH THE RETURN LINE THE PRESSURE GOES TO 64 PSI AND RETURNS TO 42 WHEN RELEASED

The problem is the pressure is out of spec.

At idle it should be 28.4-34.1

This indicates the fuel pressure regulator is faulty.

What is the pressure after key on engine off and 1 minute passes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IT STAYS AT 41/42 FOR MORE THAN 5 MIN ? DOES HIGH FUEL PRESSURE SHUT DOWN INJECTORS WERE TALKING LESS THAN 9 PSI

It should not kill the injectors but it will cause a very rich condition.

How does it do if you floor it on the road. Will it try to run a bit better or does it go up past 44 psi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YOU CAN'T INCRESE THROTLE WITHOUT SHUT DOWN IT STALLS EVERY TIME WHEN YOU TRY IT STARTS MISSFIRE AND DIES

NO SNAP THROTLE WITHOUT MISSFIRE AND LOSS OF RPM THEN

SHUT DOWN

Okay, did you find the injectors losing pulse or the plugs losing spark?

Any engine lights?