Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
20625509

3100 1/2 ton: i want to know what to use for my 53 chevy pickup

Customer Question

i want to know what to use for my 53 chevy pickup engine is 235 cid tranny is 64 chevy 2 and pressure plate is 10.75 & disk is 10.75 11/8 inch shaft 10 spline pressure plate is 9 bolt that holds plate on flywheel all parts houses only show 10 inch or 11 inch 10 inch is to small for fltwheel to bolt upthe 235 is out of 60 or 62 chevy car or truck front mount and useing bell housing is from 216 or 219 cid original to truck if you have # XXXXX ordering new set clutch pressure plate and throghout bearing this would be really helpful.thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

please explain...you have a transmission from a 64 chvy2 correct?

tims auto repair :

with the 11in flywheel?

tims auto repair :

please explain

Customer:

yes a car tranny well that is my problem I'm not sure if it is 11 inch the clutch plate measures 10 .75 in and could go to 10.78 in to fit face of flywheel but don't know if pressure plate will bolt up to fly wheel it has 9 bolts holding it to fly wheel and size of pressure plate is about 13 in out side across plate and 6 .1/4 in from cener of pressure plate to bolt center tranny place tryied but needs to see if any manifacture markings to get parts maybe if they can match it up

tims auto repair :

if the trans is out of that car

tims auto repair :

you need the 11in clutch kit

tims auto repair :

though,,they did offer a long and a short through out bearing

tims auto repair :

so,,you may need to take it with you to match it up

tims auto repair :

sense you did use the old bell housing,,,,and/or clutch fork

tims auto repair :

i would have no way of knowing

Customer:

thank but I'm not sure of results until tomorrow evening so I'll let you know what comes out of tranny shop ok

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

that will be fine

tims auto repair :

you just need to buy the clutch kit for the 64 chevy2

tims auto repair :

and it will work

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer:

the clutch plate 1.1/8 shaft 10 .3/4 outside demension 10 spline is not problem ok problem is pressure plate it is 13 in outside demension 9 bolt and 6 1/4 in from center to bolt holes center to fit fly wheel I need clutch & pressure plate set to fit flt wheel for my truck it may be 216 cid fly wheel i'm not sureso if you can give me numbers so I can order one and where to order it this would solve problem.then you'll get paid ok

Customer:

problem is pressure plate needs to be 13 inoutside demention and6 1/4 in center to center of bolt hole there are 9 bolts for flywheel if I order 11 in it might be to big and I know 10 in to small to fit flywheel the 10 spline 10.3/4 disk with 11/8 shaft will work if I can get pressure plate right size ok

Customer:

yes a 64 chevy 2 car tranny the face is 11 in where clutch meets the flywheel but 13 in outside demention is pressure plate with 9 bolts to mount to flywheel which fits flywheel 6 1/4 measure is from center of pressure plate to center of bolt holes that mounts to flywheel ok the llutch cannot be any bigger than 11 or it will be to big

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

i will opt out......maybe one of the other guys has a part#....please dont leave a rating for me,,save it for the next guy that helps you

tims auto repair :

someone will be right with you

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

Look here, http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/clutch_and_flywheel/clutch_kits_chevrolet_cadillac_oldsmobile_pontiac.html#Chevrolet

search 235 and you will have 6 results.

Chevrolet Application Guide:

Year

Application

Cover Type

Description

New Clutch

Set Part #

Price

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

54-62235 Eng. w/9 1/2" Cl.F.D.9 1/2-10-1 1/8MU5469-1BCall
54-62235 Eng. w/10.4" Cl.B&B10.4-10-1 1/8MU1647-1G$168.84
54-62235 Eng. Opt. Dph. Cl.R. D.10.4-10-1 1/8MU1675-1$116.08
54-62235 Eng. w/11" Cl. H.D.F.D.11-10-1 1/8MU5473-1B$149.01
41-53235 Eng.F.D.9 1/8-10-1 1/8
41-53235 Eng. Opt. H.D.F.D.10-10-1 1/8MU5469-1A$164.07
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

graphic

Mike S., Mechanic
Experience: 25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you so much is there a share on payment with tony he sent me to you for this information I hope he will share or give to you the amount requested for answer but I/m going to pay extra $5.00 to you thanks again

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.
I'm not aware of any share payment method.