Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

sidekick: can a 96 geo tracker 1.6 engine fit in a 89 suzuki

can a 96 geo tracker 1.6 engine fit in a 89 suzuki sidekick,also can a 4 speed automatic transmission fit in a 89 suzuki sidekick to what year is it compatiable with?
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. The 96 engine is fuel injected, the older one isnt. It should still work but you will have to change around parts. I would recommend just looking for a older engine that can be a direct swap. The transmission will fit without any problems. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.