Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

This is for a 97 Nissan Pathfinder, 3.3L,XXXXX

This is for a '97 Nissan Pathfinder, 3.3L,XXXXX I received instructions and pictures (alldata repair) yesterday to replace new rotors, from amd - one of your mechanics. They were awesome. He's not in right now.

I wondered if you could do the same for "Upper and Lower Balljoints - removal and installation." I have a balljoint kit and 2 sets of jaw pullers.
That would be great. Thank-you
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello and Welcome back to justanswer..

The instructions for the lower ball joint are as follows:

REPLACEMENT

1. Separate drive shaft from knuckle
2. Separate lower ball joint stud from knuckle.
3. Remove lower ball joint assembly from transverse link.
4. Remove transverse link.
5. Reverse procedure to install, being sure that final tightening is carried out at curb weight with tires on ground.
6. After installation, check wheel alignment.

A picture to go with the above is HERE...click the link

The top of the hub is secured by two bolts / nuts to the bottom of the Mcpherson strut / shock absorber so there isn't an "upper" ball joint.

By all means get back to me if you need / wish -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Ratings Etc - Please Read :

Please feel free to get back to me if you need / wish to discuss this more ..( I will always get back to you as soon as I receive any reply you may send .. To reply to me, use the "reply to expert" tab or link... . Meantime, please do rate the answer I have given for you with the OK service or higher... for which I thank you in advance... as thats how Im credited for helping you ..

Again - feel free to get back to me at any time ...even if you need more help as time goes on - clicking the rating as above does not close you out.. Thank you again...

Regards, MIKE.

~~~ Please note you are rating my help / my answer --- not the "system" ..which can sometimes have delays / problems etc.. Thank You.

Mike, Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.