UltratechOne
UltratechOne, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  General Automotive technician for 39 years. ASE certified. Shop Owner and MBA.

my air bag light is on and cannot pass wv inspection how do i get it off

Category: Car
Expert:  UltratechOne replied 1 year ago.

UltratechOne :

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i'll be helping you today. welcome to just answer!

UltratechOne :

the first place to start is to hook up a diagnostic scanner and see what the computer says is wrong.

UltratechOne :

based on what you find you may or may not want to pursue it. if you decide you don't want to fix it because it is just too expensive at the moment or can't get parts or whatever, the only way i know to pass the inspection is if you physically remove the light.

UltratechOne :

based on what the scanner finds, you MAY be able to reset the light using the scan tool for long enough to pass the inspection. but it's important to remember if you disable the light or ignore it to make sure and fix the problem at your first opportunity. you never know when you may need that airbag! :)

UltratechOne :

i am going to switch to q&a mode now so i can be sure you got my answers.

UltratechOne, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: General Automotive technician for 39 years. ASE certified. Shop Owner and MBA.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.