The Audi Doctor
The Audi Doctor, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience, 17 years with Audi, Factory trained

Infinity: 2002 nissan Infinity 3.5 wont start no sparks .

Customer Question

2002 nissan Infinity 3.5 won't start no sparks .
Category: Car
Expert:  The Audi Doctor replied 4 years ago.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer & for your query. Yes, I can help you.

Before you begin, do a "basics" inspection. Check the connections at the battery, look over all hoses and connections in the engine bay, and check the fuses in the main fuse block.

With any vehicle 1996 and newer the most important part, and the first step of the diagnosis process is the scanning of the on board diagnostics to retrieve any stored DTCs (diagnostic trouble code) associated with the condition. This information will help to narrow down the MANY possibilities causing this condition. It could be anything from an electrical connection, to a failed camshaft or crankshaft position sensor, or a failed control module.

Any time you wish assistance with a driveability concern it is always best to list the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) number, as there are often several possibilities for the same condition, each specific DTC indicating it’s own specific possibilities. So I need to know the DTC number(s) that is stored to best further assist you.

Unless you have access to a scanner this may mean you will have to tow the vehicle to a shop for testing diagnosis or repair. These codes are of immense assistance in diagnosing a driveability concern with your vehicle. Once you have this/these codes, I can give you a better idea of what may be the cause. Without them the causes for a "no spark" condition would be too numerous to speculate the cause.

I hope I have answered your questions and addressed your concerns. Should you have further questions on this matter, please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Positive feedback, referrals and bonuses are always APPRECIATED. Please rate my answer as OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT. With a lower rating I will not be compensated. Please contact me with your concerns if you can not rate my answer OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT.

Thank You!
Jake “The Auto Doctor”
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,There is no code the check engine light wos not even on.If ihave to take the car to shop why even border with you.
If the vehicle does not start (no spark), there is likely a code stored in association with the cause. Also, even if the vehicle were running there are often codes stored that do not illuminate the light.

Have you scanned the vehicle since the no start condition?

You are "bothering" with me because you want the best answer to get your vehicle running at a minimum cost, correct?

Please reconsider your rating of my service. I'm just giving you the facts.

Thanks Jake
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, if I take the car to scanned it would be for free if there is code the will tell me.Still I won't need you as hole.