AutoGuy99, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Worked on all brands of cars and light trucks for over 17yrs

Cadillac sedan deville: My 1991 cadillac sedan deville, runs

My 1991 cadillac sedan deville, runs with a spit &sputter and vibration in the steering wheel. I just had a very qualified mechanic tune it. It didn't help.

Now he suggests I take it to a garage that can clean the injectors by going right through the rail. So this is not just adding injector cleaner by the bottle, which probably won't do anything. I will try this.

Also, I have a family member that insists it's the car's computer that is making it run rough. I do have a spare computer that I took out of a 1991 Caddy that was my wife's.

I only drive the car in the summer months, it has 120,000 miles. It has never seen winter.
Hi there and thanks for using just answer. I am AutoGuy99 and will assist you with your question. I have a few questions first. Do you have a check engine light on? When you say tune-up what did you change? plugs, wires, cap, rotor?? These engine are known to build up carbon on the throttle body and injectors. Your mechanic is right about trying a full fuel system clean. Make sure they clean the throttle body and fuel system.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is no check engine light on.

Yes it was a complete tune up.

That is good that there is no check engine light on. I would do the professional fuel system clean next along with cleaning of the throttle body. While they are doing that have them check to make sure all vacuum lines are good. The fuel system clean will help the engine run smoother. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Please leave a positive rating.