Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

RX350: What is Air Induction Service? Do I really need tha

What is Air Induction Service? Do I really need that?
a dealer or a shop is recomending an induction service ? where the throttle body and intake is cleaned out ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, the Toyota dealer is recommending that. Around $185. I have no idea what the service entails. :( That's why I am asking for an outside opinion.

they are more than likey refering toservicing the throttle body butterfly and with a small machine adding a cleaner to clean out and build up in the intake manifold.if the car idles and runs fine it is not anything that needs to be done right away.as the build up over time increases it can cause a low idle possible stalling as the build up grows on the butterfly and restricts the air flow that is needed for the car to idle when the butterfly is closed.