proautotech
proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech
67965572

Bonny Wont Start.

Bonny Wont Start.
Submitted: 2 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: Car
Expert:  proautotech replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1994 Bonneville over 220k, 3800 engine. I replaced everything on serpentine belt besides the air conditioner. I have already replaced crank and cam sensors, ignition module, spark plug and wires...Mechanic changed harmonic balancer and crankshaft sensor. Ran ok for a few months then stalled. Mechanic took off parts and put them back on. Ran fine for a few months then stalled again. Mechanic replaced harmonic balancer and crank sensor again, parts were under lifetime warranty so no big deal. Then we replaced the cam sensor again. Ran but ran fair for two weeks. Stalled the same way. Shut off no warnings no sputtering just engine seem to have switched off without the ignition turned off.

When you turn the key on with the engine off does the check engine lamp come on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it does. Actually was on for a while before it stalled this last time

What code is stored in the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well not sure mechanic said it showed nothing...said it would probably cut off. It did then it came back on later

DO you have spark and fuel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no spark but I do have fuel

Do you have any testing tools?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have anything...but you can tell me what to do and I can check tomorrow. Would the timing cause it to stall. Someone mentioned that

I have a feeling the PCM is faulty here.

I really would like to see the codes in the computer.

This is quite common on this vehicle.

The only thing you can do is check and verify the pcm has all the approiate powers and grounds. If it does you must replace to eliminate it from the equation.

Timing will not stop spark.

The vehicle will not go through many crank and cam sensors. But if you have a bad pcm it will work intermittently.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh ok I see... where is the PCM located

The instrument panel it is behind it right hand side.

I loaded an image click here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

oh ok Will check that out...

Good deal.

Let me know how it goes.

Remember to leave a positive rating if you would like to give credit to the expert !!

Thank you!
proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience: College Training. Current Lead Tech