Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

pasenger rear seat belt gets wet when it rains where do i look

pasenger rear seat belt gets wet when it rains where do i look for a leak
Hi,how are you?What is the year,make,model?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI, i am fine I guess this problem has not come up before I have a 2005 H 2 Hummer SUT and when it parked outside during a rain storm, the passenger rean seatbelt gets very wet I lmay have to attemp solving this problem on my own thanks to anyone for trying to help

Ok,is The head liner getting wet at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no not at all

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no not at all

Ok good,the only place this is going to come from with out getting the head liner wet is the door seal itself and this would be caused by the door weather stripping.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can not find any damage to weather striping around door did manage tro ke cover of where seat belt slides in an will check that out when raining again do you have any other idears i don;t mind paying you if we can continue trying to solvel this prolblem at a later time if I have
a way to contact you

You can always reply back to this question even after you rate it,also when the rain comes again check under the seat to make sure water is not coming from a lower spot.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I will check that out in the mean time I will try to find someone with a h 2 hummer who may have experinced the same problem thanks for at least trying to help we will see what happens next time it rains maybe I will be able to see something with cover off