tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Experience:  Certified technican 10 years experience
22815973

Best mid-sized sedan? Hi, I would like to buy a: *fuel-efficient *

Customer Question

Best mid-sized sedan?
Hi, I would like to buy a:

*fuel-efficient
* reliable
*sporty
* roomy
* mid-sized sedan
* w/a sunroof

My budget tops out in the low $20s. I am open to buying something used, a couple years old w/low miles & warranty. I looked at hybrids too, not sure if they're worthwhile for my commute (20 miles each way, mostly freeway, 50m/60).

Some we've looked at are the Chevy Cruze, Toyota Prius C, Ford Fusion, Toyota Camry, Hyundai Sonata. What do you recommend (doesn't need to be one of those.)
Category: Car
Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer!

Have you looked into the new Vw Jetta yet ??or the new Vw Passat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I haven't really. Do you think they're the best for our needs and fit our budget?

I see the Ford, Chevy, & Toyota got more mileage for similar price, unless you're talking hybrid?
Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
Yes they do get more mileage then the vw models are you only interested in the mileage or looks also ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm looking for the car w/the best combination of all those things I mentioned above,

fuel-efficient
reliable
sporty
roomy

So, do you recommend the VW just based on the looks, or does it have some of the other things? Can you say why it would be the best?
Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
Well in my opinion they are build in better quality then the Chevy,Ford and Hyundai , and they do have a little less fuel mileage then those vehicle you have listed but build better and look better , now i will be honest with you the Toyota Camry is a good vehicle and looks as good as the vw models i have listed i just wanted to give you another opinion besides the ones you have listed , out of the ones you have listed i recommend the Toyota Camry just make sure no matter what vehicle you get make sure you keep the maintenance up . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide me excellent feedback for the help provided thank you !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I'm really hoping to get is not more ideas for me to research, but for a Pro to point me to one specific model that you can demonstrate is a best-buy.

So, if you can tell me which is best and why, I would definitely rate that positively. I'd like to know specifics.

Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
Toyota Camry is your best bet for the money you are trying to spend which is about 22k it comes with a good reliable 4 cylinder engine that has been proven to be good and reliable at 25 miles per gallon in the city and 35 in the highway which is very respectable in the mid size sedan class . The price can go up a bit if you want it loaded with all the options but if you want good fuel economy stick to the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine . Toyota has been a solid vehicle for many years i know they had some issues with the recalls they had in the past but those issues have been fixed . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide excellent feedback for the time and knowledge provided thank you !!